Eric (Thursday, 19 April 2012 00:03)
power of three (Thursday, 03 May 2012 09:23)
Can anyone write a synopsis?
gc (Thursday, 03 May 2012 10:36)
I'm sure it will be up by tonight...
Texan (Thursday, 03 May 2012 15:35)
I thought it wasn't released yet?
gc (Thursday, 03 May 2012 16:51)
According to Kostas it's available from ComiXology. And apparently my brain thinks I need to read this pretty soon because I just dreampt about Charmed in comic book form.
JoshingAbout (Thursday, 03 May 2012 18:01)
Full Summary of the issue ahead, MASSIVE SPOILERS:
* The issue starts out with Phoebe in an alley holding Parker. She's stranded because the car is out of Petrol, and to get home she'd have to make her way through a Magic Gang-related battle. Coop
meets up with her. She explains that she had to leave the manor because the government's Magic Squad's had come to the Manor, so she gave them the slip by leaving out through the back.
* They run past the magic battle and head away from the fighting only to run to Knox Academy.
* Inside, Elise informs Paige of reports that she's hearing about the Magic Squads taking non-magic beings to unknown locations ... aka kidnapping. Paige is sceptical, hoping that the government
wouldn't just abduct its citizens.
* A Leprechaun? wonders whether they'll kidnap non-citizens. Paige tries to shush his concerns so he doesn't scare the kids, but Tyler says he's about to graduate and that he's not a kid anymore -
only he wishes he was graduating from Magic School and not Knox Academy. Paige says a degree from a school that actually exists will be worth more.
* Phoebe and Coop arrive and Paige is elated to know that they're okay. Paige says that Parker might've been better off in hiding with Victor and the other kids. Phoebe says that her father has
enough on his plate with all the other kids.
* Paige mentions that she bound Henry Jr's powers and that she didn't feel as bad about it compared to the twins because magic isn't natural to little Henry. Phoebe points out that if they can't
repair the world to the way it was that Henry Jr's powers will have to be unbound, since it's not fair to keep him powerless in this messed up world.
* Phoebe hands Parker over to Elise for sake keeping while she checks in with Piper, who's in the Nurse's office with Leo, who's in a make-shift surgery to try and remove his wings since having them
out all the time is nearly killing him.
* Piper appreciates all that the surgeon is doing for them, especially since he hasn't reported Knox Academy to the government. Piper regrets that Parker has been alive for 3 weeks and she's already
in the middle of a war zone.
* Piper doesn't understand why all of a sudden people are using their magic for ill purposes, since everyone has had magic for months without attacking each other. Coop says that once people
readjusted to the magic after the initial shock of it all then they probably wanted to test their limits ... Phoebe says it's a shame that so many people chose to do evil.
* Piper wonders if it would have been easier if everything changed instantly. Phoebe says that waking up without their powers one day would have been much harder than losing their powers over the
course of a few months. Piper is saddened by the fact that they won't know the true potential of the Power of Three now.
* Coop asks if Piper has heard from Prue at all. Piper is annoyed because Prue hasn't called them at all, saying that Prue has ignored them for months and she hasn't even seen Parker, and that Victor
doesn't even know that she's alive.
* The surgeon tells Piper that Leo's wings won't come off, but he's used his Healing power on Leo, saying it should repair the decay that's weakening him because of the wings. Piper is thankful that
Leo's life has been saved, even if the surgeon was an accountant 3 months ago.
* Coop asks how Phoebe is handling everything. Phoebe explains that she just focuses on PJ and Parker and ignores everything bad. Coop is dealing with it well, saying it's kind of refreshing just
being a mortal father ... he just wishes that the world wasn't falling to pieces.
* It's getting worse outside - another gang has joined the fight. If it gets any worse Phoebe reckons the government will -have- to send in a Magic Squad. Paige frets about either being killed by
gangs or imprisoned by the government, and Piper says that if she ever finds Rennek she won't have to use magic to kill him - she'll do it with her bare hands.
* Rennek is being followed by his assistant who is fretting about magic running rampant, he says that if Rennek doesn't take control then everyone will destroy each other. Rennek quips that it's
funny that everyone wants world peace, but given the chance with a gift that could make it a reality they'd rather tear the world apart.
* The assistant insists that it's Rennek's responsibility to see to it that civilisation doesn't fall apart (and that Rennek has -control of the world's magic-). Rennek says that civilisation can
start anew and that he doesn't care about it because it never cared about him.
* He says he managed to take over the world without engaging the Charmed Ones directly or starting some big Magical War like those before him. He says that it's not his fault that people decided to
* To stop his assistant from annoying him, he taps the man's forehead and turns him to dust. He taps a flower and makes a new assistant from it, one who's instructed not to lecture him.
* Back at the Academy, Knox leads Piper, Phoebe, Coop, Paige and Henry up to the clock tower to get a better view of the street and the big fight that's going on. They need to devise a way to get
everyone out of the Academy.
* The door to the tower is locked, but Henry uses his magic to get them through. While in the room, Piper spots a nice big building next to the Academy that looks good for an evacuation. Knox says
it's an old ice rink that could easily hold all of the people for a while.
* Phoebe sees that the Government -have- sent in their Magic Squads, seemingly EVERYONE they have is in the street. Paige says things have gotten worse, since the Magic Gangs have teamed up against
the Government forces.
* A MASSIVE battle ensues, and a fireball is launched at the window that Paige and Henry are looking out of. It blows a hole in the side of the clock tower and Henry regrets not being able to stop
it. Knox frets that the school might not be covered for this kind of damage.
* Paige sees that the fight is getting closer to the school and whoever wins, be it Squad or Gang is coming in, so they prep to evacuate everyone - over 200 people.
* Piper charges Henry and Paige to stake out the front door and keep any oncomers out of the building. Coop and Knox are to clear the boiler room, the escape route, and she, Phoebe and Leo will begin
to organise/clear the gym for evac.
* Piper commands the evac, which Leo loves, but Piper doesn't. Leo tells Piper not to worry and that everything will be all right, and that the kids are safe. Piper corrects him that not all the kids
are. Phoebe charges Elise with taking Parker to Coop and leaving with the evacuees, even if it means forcing Coop to leave her behind.
* Paige comes rushing in, saying that they don't need to evacuate and that the 'good guys' are on their side. Paige has Bailey tell Coop and Knox to stop the evacuation and for her sisters to join
her. They rush to the clock tower to get a better view - Piper wonders if Prue has finally made an appearance.
* Paige says it's not Prue and that she won't believe who is in charge ... She won't tell them because it'll ruin the surprise. They look out from the tower and see ...
DARRYL using magic.
"How did I know that I'd find the Charmed Ones in the middle of this mess?"
FANaticyeah (Thursday, 03 May 2012 18:21)
What an action packed issue. So much is going on, it's crazy!
SO glad Darryl is back. Can't help but think about how shcoked we all would have been if Zenescope hadn't incidentally spoiled his return. Would've made the issue only better. I wonder what his power
What I REALLY want to know is what the hell is going on with Prue? My only guess would be that being the only Halliwell sister left, she has ALL of the Charmed Ones' powers, and it's probably way too
much for her to handle, making her incapacitated or crazy.
Speaking of Prue, where is Cole? Is he cut off too, like the Elders and the Angels? Stuck in the cosmic void? Or is he helping Prue?
I like that they mentioned Victor. I was wondering if they were going to at all, seeing as how he would have powers now too. He doesn't have it easy right now handling seven kids on his own.
Well, the last two issues were very explainy, but this one had more going on than the last. Can't wait to see what's to come and how the season will wrap up.
GC (Thursday, 03 May 2012 19:07)
Yeah I'm guessing Prue has all the Charmed Ones powers and she's running some kind of magical underground something. I'm sure Cole is with her, although he's probably mortal. Have we ever figured out
what exactly Cole is? If he's living or dead or trapped in between?
FANaticyeah (Thursday, 03 May 2012 19:22)
He's trapped in between life and death. He's in the cosmic void but can move freely to the other planes which is why I'm wondering if he's sealed away from the actual world same as the Elders."
I'm theorizing that what was happening to the world thanks to the four sisters uniting is happening within Prue herself, and I'm picturing her in a similar state to how she was in "Primrose Empath."
FANaticyeah (Thursday, 03 May 2012 20:11)
Or I'm probably looking too much into it and she probably does have some sort of underground railroad or is too busy being super witch.
One thing that bothers me though is why doesn't Victor know she's alive. There was 3 months between "Four's Company," and "Crossed-Triple Crossed"...there was plenty of time for them to tell him.
GC (Thursday, 03 May 2012 21:29)
They probably more or less want him to see her rather then just tell him.
Yeah...I'm going to go on hoping he's mortal because the thought of Cole sealed away is too depressing, lol. Although Paul did say that Cole wasn't going to be as involved as we want him to be, so
maybe you're right.
caitlyn (Friday, 04 May 2012 16:22)
I don't know much about blogging, or interviews, and I don't know if this is a good question for Paul. Is it possible to get clearer pictures of the family tree that was used on the set? I don't know
if anyone on this site, or if any of Paul's co-workers would know, but I was just curious. I'd love to see it in more detail lol. Thanks for reading!
p4fan4ever (Saturday, 05 May 2012 19:07)
i believe sights online have the family tree however that family tree is infamous for having many errors... so i think a more accurate timeline would be ones that fans compile...
FANaticyeah (Thursday, 17 May 2012 08:02)
Yeah, the art in this issue was not good. Coop looked more like Henry than Henry did. All the sisters were given this light greyish green eye color which was annoying. And Phoebe was just did not
Felix (Friday, 25 May 2012 12:27)
This storyline is so confusing lol. I just got issue 20 and 21, and read them. I wonder whats happpened to magic, and hope it's well explained soon.
I also agree that the art is terible. The sisters eyes all looked really wierd and creepy. All the sisters have exactly the same face, the only thing that differenciates them is their hair and
clothes, and they don't look anything like the actresses. The men where also really sloppily drawn.
I hope they use the break between seasons 9 and 10 to find a better artist, as its starting to ruin the comics in my opinion.
You can do it, too! Sign up for free now at https://www.jimdo.com