Spoil and be spoiled about issue 13.
eric (Tuesday, 06 September 2011 20:52)
so whats going to happen in issue 13?
power of three (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 06:32)
could anyone write a synopsis of this issue? and what powers are used?
JoshingAbout (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 09:19)
* Piper is working late at the Restaurant and is telling Wyatt, Chris and Melinda a bedtime story over the phone, much to Wyatt's upset.
* Piper gets home really late and slips into bed, but Wyatt is still awake
* Wyatt sneaks up to the attic and magically opens the Book of Shadows to the "Charm of Multiplicity" spell (the one Prue cast in Season 1 to multiply her strength).
* Duplicates of Piper are seen projecting from her and they leave the room while she still sleeps.
* In the morning, Leo is insisting that he take care of things because Piper is busy setting up the Restaurant for it's opening day, but gets quite a shock when he sees two Pipers in the kitchen,
while the real Piper walks in and also gets a shock.
* Piper and Leo question the boys to see if they did this, but Wyatt lies to them, telling them he didn't do it.
* However, Piper uses the opportunity to get a lot of things done: she spends time with Phoebe over coffee while her duplicates do other things, like looking after the kids and working on the
* However, during her time with Phoebe, it is revealed that clones of Piper are still being produced, much to Phoebe's surprise after Piper comes out of the bathroom almost the instant she went
* The real Piper tries to meet with the clone looking after the restaurant (while the new clone spends more time with Phoebe), but finds that none of the clones are with the kids.
* They realise the clone situation is getting out of hand when Paige tells Piper that she's been flower shopping with 'Piper' for over an hour, while another clone has been in the restaurant since
* Meanwhile, yet another Piper clone tries to have 'alone time' with Leo, while another is cooking, another is grocery shopping with Melinda, another is vanquishing demons, another is playing cars
with Chris, and finally, three clones are wondering what to do with Wyatt in terms of punishment as he still hasn't confessed, and the three of them have different ideas on how to handle him.
* Piper is intent on rounding all the clones up at the manor when she suddenly becomes dizzy as another clone is projected from her body.
* Piper is getting really flustered and can't concentrate at all, to the point she calls Paige 'Phoebe' and argues with herselves.
* Paige drives Piper and the clones home in Piper's SUV.
* Seductress Piper clone is still trying to get jiggy with Leo, but he refuses her advances (despite her attempts to woo him) and he goes to check on the kids.
* The Piper clones still argue among themselves as how to best deal with Wyatt's behaviour, until Leo comes into his room and kicks all the Piper clones out, saying that he'll handle it.
* In the SUV, Piper yells at all her clones to be quiet and they fall silent, with Paige noting it's clear who the real Piper is.
* In the Manor, Piper is trying to take charge as another clone is produced from her.
* Paige and Phoebe lead Piper upstairs so they can try and deal with Wyatt, as Piper notices the seductress clone of her and becomes quite irate.
* Leo and the real Piper talk to their son alone, and Wyatt finally confesses to casting a spell and apologises. Piper apologises too for not being around a lot lately, but lets Wyatt know that he is
very important to her. They hug and Phoebe goes to get the Book of Shadows.
* They open the book to the page of the Charm of Multiplicity, Piper tells Wyatt he's going to learn 'how to read backwards', but he puts his glowing hands on the page and POOF the Pipers are gone.
This leads Piper to believe that he still has "a little Twice-Blessed in him".
* Opening night at the Restaurant is a huge success, with Piper finally reaching her goal and with Wyatt waiting on people with appetisers in an adorable suit.
* Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Wyatt meet Leo, Coop and Henry in the restaurant's courtyard, and they all cheer and give a toast to Piper.
* The last frame reveals that the restaurant is called "Halliwell's", with the "H" being in the same font as the "Charmed" font (see "Cupid's Harrow" cover for reference).
Wyatt - Projection? When conjuring the additional Piper's and when getting rid of them.
The spell's effect was produced differently because Wyatt's magic overdid it, I assume. Instead of creating just 2 extra Piper's they just didn't stop being conjured.
Piper - Molecular Combustion / Blowing things up. One of her clones blew up a devil-like demon in one frame.
JoshingAbout (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 09:22)
My mistake. The sign isn't the Charmed-font "H" followed by "alliwell's". The Charmed-font "H" is the 'symbol' for the restaurant, while the sign itself is in a different font.
Seerempath (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 10:01)
I love this issue and I am so happy for Piper.
* Wyatt casted the Charm of Multiplicity spell non-verbally
* Piper mused that he might still has a little Twice-Blessed in him.
* However, Leo attributes Wyatts skills to the fact that he is the son of supernaturally talented Charmed One, and some of Piper's talent rubbed off on him.
Wyatt did not use Projection, if he did, he would have simply thought about it and it would happen. However, he needed a spell in book of shadows, and cast it just like Phoebe cast non-verbal spell
(but with glowing hands).
It's similar to when Phoebe cast her smart spell and all she had to do was hand her hand over the book.
Personally, I think this is a prelude to the fact that the next generation might be able to match Piper and Phoebe in skill, when it come to Potions and Spells.
JoshingAbout (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 10:43)
There's no such thing as a 'non-verbal spell' though. Otherwise it wouldn't be a spell... Phoebe had cast a spell on herself so she could gain knowledge, and it was part of the spell's effects that
she could gain knowledge just by touching the book and find what she was looking for.
I think that Wyatt's power is more like what Kevin the Elder had. He could project things into reality, but needed something to focus on in order to do it, and his focus was his drawings. Wyatt's
focus was The Book of Shadows.
The reason that I think it was a form of 'Projection' is because had Wyatt simply cast the spell, Piper would have only gained two clones like Prue did. Wyatt's magic amped up the spell's effects
beyond what the spell was designed, much like how The Aggressor spiralled out of control of Kevin's intentions.
JoshingAbout (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 10:55)
Also, my theory is supported by the fact that Wyatt projected the dragon into reality. He used the TV channel as a focus and voila, dragon in San Francisco.
So yeah, I strongly think that Wyatt used his powers and not a spell, as powers are really the only form of non-verbal magic, other than potion-brewing.
Seerempath (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 13:56)
Phoebe, Piper and Paige have all cast spells many time without speaking. (ie) Season 7 final and Season 8 premiere to change their appearance. And that is just one example.
Leo basically said what I said, that Wyatt is just a talented little spell-caster. Attributing it to a naturally talented Piper's rubbing off on her son.
Btw, you are changing Wyatts power from Projection to Thought Projection, to prove that he used a power instead of the spell we were shown.
JoshingAbout (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 14:47)
They're essentially the same power anyway, so I'm not changing anything. One requires a focus and one doesn't. Also, my original quote was "Projection?", indicating that I wasn't sure.
The glamouring in Season 7/8 was more likely to have been the result of an off-screen spell. I'd hardly attribute it being a 'non-verbal spell'. The Charmedverse requires spells to be said out loud.
And since Wyatt didn't actually say anything, I'm inclined to believe he used his powers, as hinted by Piper suggesting he used the Twice-Blessed in him.
Also, a slight gaff on Ruditis' part: reading a spell backwards doesn't reverse its magic, it removes it from the Book of Shadows entirely, as proven by Abraxas. The girls usually made counter-spells
to annul the magic they'd cast, like in "Hell Hath No Fury" when Phoebe annuls the effects of Paige's spell with a new spell.
Eric (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 19:40)
wow i love this cant wait to read it!!
this would have been a great title..The Tale of Two Pipers.its also the title of the chapter book or charmed
River Nymph (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 19:41)
WHY is it so important for you people to document and name every friggin power? It really makes it hard to just sit back and enjoy the comic knowing that you guys nitpick every tiny little thing.
It's only fun in doses.
I think that reading a spell backwards from the BoS is also an alternative to reversing it. It's never stated on the show that you CAN'T do it that way.
charmedcomicfan (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 19:48)
reverse saying a spell in order to break it works. Remember abraxas?
JoshingAbout (Wednesday, 07 September 2011 20:27)
@River Nymph - I agree with the power thing. I only documented the uses because someone asked =]
@charmedcomicfan - Hmm, you have a point, as the Woogyman, Nicholas and Jeremy were un-vanquished, so reading a spell backwards would work, but Abraxas still removed the spells from the book using
this method, so I'm not entirely sure what to think.
Also, Piper makes a really cool reference to how she saves Leo from the Angel of Destiny's 'freeze' on him while reciting the bedtime story to her kids. It was cute.
Jay (Thursday, 08 September 2011 03:21)
Wow, I knew Piper's story sounded familiar, but the whole Leo-on-ice arc references totally went over my head. Thanks for pointing that out, man =)
Reno (Thursday, 08 September 2011 03:37)
Hey JoshingAbout! Glad you noticed the restaurant logo I made was made from the Charmed font. I tried making "Halliwell's" in the same font, but it wasn't too readable. :)
charmedcomicfan (Thursday, 08 September 2011 03:44)
did you also notice that the cafes name piper and phoebs went to is BOS (book of shadows initials)
JoshingAbout (Thursday, 08 September 2011 04:56)
@Reno - I loved the logo :D I also adored your artwork in this issue, you caught Holly Marie Combs' essence so many times! Hell, the entire cast were brilliantly drawn, and Wyatt was adorable!
@Jay - heh, I noticed it straight away :P
@charmedcomicfan - hah, I hadn't noticed that :P "Bo's coffee", the sign reads. Nice reference to the Book of Shadows!
Prudence (Thursday, 08 September 2011 07:28)
Reading a spell backwards reverses its effects but not neccesarily erase it from the book. (See "Dream Sorcerer" S1)
And I also believe that Wyatt used his Projection power. Maybe he read only the word 'Multiplicity' and it multiplied Piper in exaggeration. (Cause maybe he's the first-born or he's the original
As far as I remember, there are no non-verbal spells that exist on the Charmedverse, that's what active powers are for. And Glamour spells can be automatically turned on/off once casted, as seen on
power of three (Thursday, 08 September 2011 09:35)
wyatt used telekinesis to open the BOS? also how many were the clones and what they did? where was the demon?
JoshingAbout (Thursday, 08 September 2011 09:41)
@Prudence - I've just looked through the script and I can't see anything about reversing spells by reading them backwards.
Because Abraxas was a Demon, I can only assume that his intention was to break the effects of the spell entirely and remove it from the BoS, whereas Wyatt would only want to annul the magic. Perhaps
it's the intention behind the backward spellcasting that reverses the magic, without removing the spell from the BoS? Still not sure what to think.
I also agree with Prudence. Had Wyatt simply read the spell then it would have had the same effect on Piper as it did Prue, but the Multiplicity part of the spell was clearly exaggerated, due to his
Twice-Blessed magic. That's why he was able to stop the effect so abruptly, as he was the one who'd conjured the additional Piper's anyway.
power of three (Thursday, 08 September 2011 10:22)
StoryGirl83 (Thursday, 08 September 2011 11:13)
@power of three - Kind of looked that way. He held his hands over them and the pages flipped kind of like Leo in season two (I think). Didn't count but somewhere around ten clones. I think six with
Paige and Piper in the van. Three were with Wyatt. One was with Melinda and one was with Chris. And one was trying to seduce Leo. So actually about one dozen. There was one demon which was about half
way through the story being blown up by of the dopplegangers.
Prudence (Thursday, 08 September 2011 11:53)
Phoebe & Piper had cast a love spell that goes like this:
I Conjure thee, I Conjure thee,
I'm the Queen, you're the Bee
As I desire, so shall it be.
When they reversed it, it went like this:
Be it shall so desire I
As Bee the you're
Queen the I'm
Thee conjure I, Thee conjure I.
So the placing was reversed, but not the words itself (like how Abraxas did)
power of three (Thursday, 08 September 2011 17:03)
@StoryGirl83 thank you!
alexispana8a (Friday, 09 September 2011 10:02)
The name of Piper's restaurant is "Halliwell's"
David (Friday, 16 September 2011 02:30)
Meh. I didn't really like the issue. It was far too crammed and I didn't like how quickly the multiple Piper thing was resolved. I think it would have been better as a bonus story for Vol. 2 but as
an actual issue I don't think it really worked.
You can do it, too! Sign up for free now at https://www.jimdo.com